- There is established as a nonlapsing account the Books and Other Library Materials Account ("Account") into which shall be deposited:
- All receipts from the sale of used books and other library materials;
- Proceeds from the sale of library-related merchandise;
- Gifts, grants, and donations designated for collections; and
- Such amounts as may be appropriated for books and other library materials.
- The Account shall be used solely for the purpose of procuring books and other library materials, including compact disks, electronic materials, or other records and materials, to maintain and enhance the collection of the District of Columbia Public Library.
- All funds deposited into the Account, and any interest earned on those funds, shall not revert to the unrestricted fund balance of the General Fund of the District of Columbia at the end of a fiscal year, or at any other time, but shall be continually available for the uses and purposes set forth in subsection (b) of this section without regard to fiscal year limitation, subject to authorization by Congress.
Historical and Statutory
Emergency Act Amendments
For temporary (90 day) amendment of section, see § 101(b) of Fiscal Year 2013 Budget Support Technical Clarification Emergency Amendment Act of 2012 (D.C. Act 19-482, October 10, 2012, 59 DCR 12478).
Legislative History of Laws
For history of Law 19-168, see notes under § 39-107.
DC CODE § 39-114
Current through December 11, 2012
(June 3, 1986, ch. 315, § 14, as added Sept. 20, 2012, D.C. Law 19-168, § 4022(b), 59 DCR 8025.)