- A person need not register with the Director pursuant to § 1-1162.29 if the person is:
- A public official, or an employee of the United States acting in his or her official capacity;
- A publisher or working member of the press, radio, or television who, in the ordinary course of business, disseminates news or editorial comment to the general public;
- A candidate, member, or member-elect of an Advisory Neighborhood Commission; or
- An entity specified in § 47-1802.01(4), whose activities do not consist of lobbying, the result of which shall inure to the financial gain or benefit of the entity.
- Any person who is exempt from registration under any provision of this section, except a person exempt from registration under the provisions of subsection (a)(1) of this section, may be a registrant for other purposes under this part; provided, that no activity engaged in by the person shall constitute a conflict of interest under the provisions of § 1-1162.23. Registrants have no obligation to report activities in furtherance of exempt activities under this section in activity reports required under § 1- 1162.30.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For history of Law 19-124, see notes under § 1-1161.01.
DC CODE § 1-1162.28
Current through December 11, 2012
(Apr. 27, 2012, D.C. Law 19-124, § 228, 59 DCR 1862.)