- There is established a Home Rule 40th Anniversary Celebration and Commemoration Commission. The purpose of the Commission shall be to coordinate, plan, and promote events related to the 40th anniversary of the adoption of the Home Rule Act, and to administer the Fund.
- The Commission shall be composed of 5 members, as follows:.
- One Chairperson, appointed by the Mayor;
- Two members appointed by the Mayor; and
- Two members appointed by the Chairman of the Council.
- The members of the Commission shall serve until the sunset of this part.
- A vacancy in the Commission resulting from the death or resignation of a member shall not affect its powers and shall be filled in the same manner in which the original appointment was made.
- Each member of the Commission shall serve without compensation; provided, that each member may be reimbursed for actual expenses pursuant to § 1- 611.08.
- A majority of the members of the Commission shall constitute a quorum to conduct business.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For history of Law 19-168, see notes under § 1-137.01.
DC CODE § 1-137.02
Current through December 11, 2012
(Sept. 20, 2012, D.C. Law 19-168, § 1083, 59 DCR 8025.)