- All functions of the Secretary of Labor (hereafter in this section referred to as the "Secretary") under section 3 of the Act entitled "An Act to provide for the establishment of a national employment system and for cooperation with the states in the promotion of such system, and for other purposes," approved June 6, 1933 (29 U.S.C. §§ 49-49k), with respect to the maintenance of a public employment service for the District, are transferred to the Mayor. After the effective date of this transfer, the Secretary shall maintain with the District the same relationship with respect to a public employment service in the District, including the financing of such service, as he has with the States (with respect to a public employment service in the states) generally.
- The Mayor is authorized and directed to establish and administer a public employment service in the District and to that end he shall have all necessary powers to cooperate with the Secretary in the same manner as a State under the Act of June 6, 1933, specified in subsection (a) of this section.
- All functions of the Secretary of Labor and of the Director of Apprenticeship under the Act entitled "An Act to provide for voluntary apprenticeship in the District of Columbia", approved May 20, 1946, 1933 (29 U.S.C. §§ 49-49k) are transferred to and shall be exercised by the Mayor. The Office of Director of Apprenticeship provided for in § 32-1403 is abolished.
- All functions of the Secretary under chapter 81 of title 5 of the United States Code, with respect to the processing of claims filed by employees of the government of the District for compensation for work injuries, are transferred to and shall be exercised by the Mayor, effective the day after the day on which the District establishes an independent personnel system or systems.
- So much of the personnel, property, records, and unexpended balances of appropriations, allocations, and other funds employed, held, used, available, or to be made available in connection with functions transferred to the Mayor by the provisions of this section, as the Director of the Federal Office of Management and Budget shall determine, are authorized to be transferred from the Secretary to the Mayor.
- Any employee in the competitive service of the United States transferred to the government of the District under the provisions of this section shall retain all the rights, benefits, and privileges pertaining thereto held prior to such transfer.
Historical and Statutory
1981 Ed., §§ 36-406, 36-701.
1973 Ed., §§ 36-125a, 36-701.
The text of § 1-202.04(c) and (h) is omitted because the corresponding text of section 204(c) and (h) of Public Law 93-198 amended other laws.
DC CODE § 1-202.04
Current through December 11, 2012
(Dec. 24, 1973, 87 Stat. 779, Pub. L. 93-198, title II, § 204(a), (b), (d)- (g).)