- Submission of report. -- Not later than March 1 of each year (beginning with 2001), the Mayor shall develop and submit to the Committee on Government Reform and Oversight of the House of Representatives, the Committee on Governmental Affairs of the Senate, the Committees on Appropriations of the House of Representatives and the Senate, and the Comptroller General a performance accountability report on activities of the government of the District of Columbia during the fiscal year ending on the previous September 30.
- Contents of report. -- The performance accountability report for a fiscal year shall contain the following:
- For each goal of the performance accountability plan submitted under § 1-204.56a for the year, a statement of the actual level of performance achieved compared to the stated goal;
- The title of the District of Columbia management employee most directly responsible for the achievement of each goal and the title of such employee's immediate supervisor or superior; and
- A statement of the status of any court orders applicable to the government of the District of Columbia during the year and the steps taken by the government to comply with such orders.
- Evaluation of report. -- The Comptroller General, in consultation with the Director of the Office of Management and Budget, shall review and evaluate each performance accountability report submitted under this subsection and not later than April 15 of each year shall submit comments on such report to the Committee on Government Reform and Oversight of the House of Representatives, the Committee on Governmental Affairs of the Senate, and the Committees on Appropriations of the House of Representatives and the Senate.
Historical and Statutory
1981 Ed., § 47-232.
Effect of Amendments
Public Law 106-113 in subsec. (a), struck "Authority" and inserted "Mayor".
Pub.L. 106-449, in subsec. (a), substituted "2001" for "1999": and, in subsec. (b)(1), deleted "for an acceptable level of performance and the goal for a superior level of performance" following "stated goal".
Public Law 106-449 purported to delete the following language from subsection(b)(A) of this section: "for an acceptable level of performance by the government and a superior level of performance by the government". In order to carry out the perceived intent of Congress, following language was deleted from the same subsection: "for an acceptable level of performance and the goal for a superior level of performance."
DC CODE § 1-204.56b
Current through December 11, 2012
(Dec. 24, 1973, 87 Stat. 774, Pub. L. 93-198, § 456(b), as added Oct. 19, 1994, 108 Stat. 3488, Pub. L. 103-373, § 3(a)(2);Nov. 19, 1997, 111 Stat. 2174, Pub. L. 105-100, § 130; Nov. 29, 1999, 113 Stat. 1531, Pub. L. 106- 113, § 169(2); Nov. 6, 2000, 114 Stat. 1940, Pub. L. 106-449, § 1(2).)