- Bills and resolutions. --
- In general. -- Notwithstanding any other law, except as provided in subsection (c) of this section, all permanent bills and resolutions shall be accompanied by a fiscal impact statement before final adoption by the Council.
- Contents. -- The fiscal impact statement shall include the estimate of the costs which will be incurred by the District as a result of the enactment of the measure in the current and each of the first four fiscal years for which the act or resolution is in effect, together with a statement of the basis for such estimate.
- Appropriations. -- Permanent and emergency acts which are accompanied by fiscal impact statements which reflect unbudgeted costs, shall be subject to appropriations prior to becoming effective.
- Applicability. -- Subsection (a) of this section shall not apply to emergency declaration, ceremonial, confirmation, and sense of the Council resolutions.
Historical and Statutory
Effect of Amendments
D.C. Law 17-353, in the section credit, validated a previously made technical correction.
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 17-353, see notes following § 1-129.05.
DC CODE § 1-301.47a
Current through December 11, 2012
(Sept. 23, 1975, D.C. Law 1-17, § 4a, as added Oct. 16, 2006, 120 Stat. 2038, Pub. L. 109-356, § 204; Mar. 25, 2009, D.C. Law 17-353, § 207, 56 DCR 1117.)