- There is established an Advisory Council to the Agency to assist and advise the Risk Officer regarding the Agency.
- The Advisory Council shall consist of 7 members appointed by the Risk Officer. One member shall represent the District of Columbia Primary Care Association, 2 members shall represent District of Columbia health centers, and 4 members shall have insurance expertise.
- The Risk Officer and the captive manager shall serve as ex officio members of the Advisory Council.
- The Risk Officer shall serve as chairperson of the Advisory Council.
- Except as provided in subsection (f) of this section, Advisory Council members shall serve terms of 3 years. An Advisory Council member's term shall continue until his or her successor is appointed. The Advisory Council members may be reappointed for additional terms.
- The Risk Officer shall determine the terms the initial Advisory Council members shall serve. Three of the Advisory Council members shall serve terms of 2 years, 2 shall serve terms of 4 years, and 2 shall serve terms of 6 years.
- Vacancies in the Advisory Council shall be filled by the Risk Officer. Advisory Council members may be removed by the Risk Officer for cause.
- Advisory Council members shall not be compensated in their capacity as Advisory Council members, but shall be reimbursed for reasonable expenses incurred in the necessary performance of their duties.
- The Advisory Council shall:
- Advise the Risk Officer in the general oversight of the Agency;
- Assess the needs and interests of the health centers; and
- Meet at least on an annual basis, at meetings announced by the Risk Officer.
Historical and Statutory
Effect of Amendments
D.C. Law 17-353 validated a previously made technical correction in subsec. (e).
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 17-196, see notes following § 1-307.81.
For Law 17-353, see notes following § 1-129.05.
DC CODE § 1-307.85
Current through December 11, 2012
(July 18, 2008, D.C. Law 17-196, § 6, 55 DCR 6261; Mar. 25, 2009, D.C. Law 17-353, § 239, 56 DCR 1117.)