- Except as provided in subsection (b) of this section, an employee is automatically insured on the date the employee becomes eligible for insurance. Each policy purchased by the Mayor under § 1-622.05 shall provide for this automatic coverage.
- An employee who does not wish to be insured shall give written notice to the employee's employing office or such other office designated by the Mayor on a form prescribed by the Mayor. If notice is received before the employee becomes insured, then the employee shall not be insured. If notice is received after the employee has become insured, the insurance will end at the end of the pay period in which the notice was received.
- The Mayor shall make available to each insured employee or annuitant a written statement or summary of:
- The benefits to which the employee, annuitant, or member of the family of the employee or annuitant are entitled;
- The procedures for obtaining benefits; and
- The principal provisions of the policy in effect.
Historical and Statutory
1981 Ed., § 1-623.6.
Legislative History of Laws
For legislative history of D.C. Law 7-27, see Historical and Statutory Notes following § 1-621.02.
DC CODE § 1-622.06
Current through December 11, 2012
(Mar. 3, 1979, D.C. Law 2-139, § 2206, as added Oct. 1, 1987, D.C. Law 7- 27, § 2(f), 34 DCR 5079.)