- Compensation under this subchapter may be allowed only if an individual or someone on his or her behalf makes claim therefor. The claim shall:
- Be made in writing within the time specified by § 1-623.22;
- Be delivered to the Office of the Mayor or to an individual whom the Mayor may designate by rules and regulations, or deposited in the mail properly stamped and addressed to the Mayor or his or her designee;
- Be on a form approved by the Mayor;
- Contain all information required by the Mayor;
- Be sworn to by the individual entitled to compensation or someone on his or her behalf; and
- Except in case of death, be accompanied by a certificate of the physician of the employee stating the nature of the injury and the nature and probable extent of the disability.
- The Mayor may waive paragraphs (3) through (6) of subsection (a) of this section for reasonable cause shown.
Historical and Statutory
1981 Ed., § 1-624.21.
1973 Ed., § 1-353.21.
Legislative History of Laws
For legislative history of D.C. Law 2-139, see Historical and Statutory Notes following § 1-601.01.
For legislative history of D.C. Law 3-81, see Historical and Statutory Notes following § 1-602.02.
DC CODE § 1-623.21
Current through December 11, 2012
(Mar. 3, 1979, D.C. Law 2-139, § 2321, 25 DCR 5740; Aug. 7, 1980, D.C. Law 3-81, § 2(x), 27 DCR 2632.)