- In general. -- A civil action may be brought:
- By a participant or beneficiary to enforce or clarify rights to benefits from the Trust Fund or Federal Supplemental Fund under this chapter;
- By the Trustee:
- To enforce any claim arising (in whole or in part) under this chapter or the contract; or
- To recover benefits improperly paid from the Trust Fund or Federal Supplemental Fund or to clarify a participant's or beneficiary's rights to benefits from the Trust Fund or Federal Supplemental Fund; and
- By the Secretary to enforce any provision of this chapter or the contract.
- Treatment of Trust Fund. -- The Trust Fund may sue and be sued as an entity.
- Exclusive remedy. -- This subchapter shall be the exclusive means for bringing actions against the Trust Fund, the Trustee, or the Secretary under this chapter.
Historical and Statutory
1981 Ed., § 1-768.1.
DC CODE § 1-815.01
Current through December 11, 2012
(Aug. 5, 1997, 111 Stat. 728, Pub. L. 105-33, § 11071.)