- Establishment. -- There is established on the books of the Treasury the District of Columbia Teachers, Police Officers, and Firefighters Federal Pension Fund (hereafter referred to as the "D.C. Federal Pension Fund"), consisting of the following:
- The assets transferred pursuant to § 1-817.03.
- The annual Federal payments deposited pursuant to § 1-817.04.
- Any amounts otherwise appropriated to such Fund.
- Any income earned on the investment of the assets of such Fund pursuant to subsection (b) of this section.
- Investment of assets. -- The Secretary shall invest such portion of the assets of the D.C. Federal Pension Fund as is not in the judgment of the Secretary required to meet current withdrawals. Such investments shall be in public debt securities with maturities suitable to the needs of the D.C. Federal Pension Fund, as determined by the Secretary, and bearing interest at rates determined by the Secretary, taking into consideration current market yields on outstanding marketable obligations of the United States of comparable maturities.
- Recordkeeping for actuarial status. -- The Secretary shall provide for the keeping of such records as are necessary for determining the actuarial status of the D.C. Federal Pension Fund.
Historical and Statutory
Former § 1-817.01 has been recodified to § 1-819.01.
DC CODE § 1-817.01
Current through December 11, 2012
(Aug. 5, 1997, 111 Stat. 729, Pub. L. 105-33, § 11081, as added Dec. 23, 2004, 118 Stat. 3966, Pub. L. 108-489, § 2(a)(3).)