The judicial power in the District of Columbia is vested in the following courts:
- The following Federal Courts established pursuant to article III of the Constitution:
- The Supreme Court of the United States.
- The United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.
- The United States District Court for the District of Columbia.
- The following District of Columbia courts established pursuant to article I of the Constitution:
- The District of Columbia Court of Appeals.
- The Superior Court of the District of Columbia.
Historical and Statutory
1981 Ed., § 11-101.
1973 Ed., § 11-101.
Section 23(a) of D.C. Law 15-354 provides that Title 11 is designated Title 11 of the District of Columbia Official Code.
DC CODE § 11-101
Current through December 11, 2012
(July 29, 1970, 84 Stat. 475, Pub. L. 91-358, title I, § 111.)