- Severable services contracts for periods crossing fiscal years. -- The Executive Officer may enter into a contract for procurement of severable services in the same manner and to the same extent as the head of an executive agency may enter into such a contract under section 303L of title III of the Federal Property and Administrative Services Act of 1949 (41 U.S.C. 253l).
- Multiyear leasing agreements. --
- Authority. -- The Executive Officer may enter into a lease agreement for the accommodation of the District of Columbia courts in a building which is in existence or being erected by the lessor to accommodate the District of Columbia courts.
- Terms. -- A lease agreement under this subsection shall be on terms the Executive Officer considers to be in the interest of the Federal Government and the District of Columbia and necessary for the accommodation of the District of Columbia courts. However, the lease agreement may not bind the District of Columbia courts for more than 10 years and the obligation of amounts for a lease under this subsection is limited to the current fiscal year for which payments are due without regard to section 1341(a)(1)(B) of title 31, United States Code.
- Multiyear contracts. --
- Authority. -- The Executive Officer may enter into a multiyear contract for the acquisition of property or services in the same manner and to the same extent as an executive agency may enter into such a contract under section 304B of title III of the Federal Property and Administrative Services Act of 1949 (41 U.S.C. 254c). In applying such authority --
- in section 304B(a)(2)(B) --
- "the best interests of the District of Columbia and the Federal Government" shall be substituted for "the best interests of the United States"; and
- "the courts' programs" shall be substituted for "the agency's programs";
- the second sentence of section 304B(b), and subsection (e), shall not apply; and
- in section 304B(c), "$5,000,000" shall be substituted for "$10,000,000".
- Cancellation or termination for insufficient funding after first year. -- In the event that funds are not made available for the continuation of a multiyear contract for services into a subsequent fiscal year, the contract shall be canceled or terminated, and the costs of cancellation or termination may be paid from --
- appropriations originally available for the performance of the contract concerned;
- appropriations currently available for procurement of the type of services concerned, and not otherwise obligated; or
- funds appropriated for those payments.
Historical and Statutory
Section 9 of Pub. L. 108-386, 118 Stat. 2228, the 2004 District of Columbia Omnibus Authorization Act, provides that: "The amendments made by this section shall take effect on the date of the enactment of this Act."
DC CODE § 11-1742a
Current through December 11, 2012
(Oct. 30, 2004, 118 Stat. 2229, Pub. L. 108-386, § 3.)