- To request issuance of a subpoena under this section, a party shall submit a foreign subpoena to the Clerk of the Superior Court. A request for the issuance of a subpoena under this chapter does not constitute an appearance in the courts of the District of Columbia.
- When a party submits a foreign subpoena to the Clerk of the Superior Court, the clerk, in accordance with the Rules of the Superior Court, shall promptly issue a subpoena for service upon the person to which the foreign subpoena is directed.
- A subpoena under subsection (b) of this section shall:
- Incorporate the terms used in the foreign subpoena; and
- Contain or be accompanied by the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of all counsel of record in the proceeding to which the subpoena relates and of any party not represented by counsel.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 18-147, see notes following § 13-441.
This section is based upon § 3 of the Uniform Interstate Depositions and Discovery Act. See Vol. 13, Pt. II, Uniform Laws Annotated, Master Edition, or ULA Database on Westlaw.
DC CODE § 13-443
Current through December 11, 2012
(May 22, 2010, D.C. Law 18-147, § 2(b), 57 DCR 2552.)