- In an action in ejectment against his tenant, a landlord may embody in his complaint, in separate counts, claims for:
- furniture, if leased with the realty;
- arrears of rent due at the termination of the tenancy;
- double rent in cases authorized by this Code from the termination of the tenancy to the verdict for possession; and
- damages for waste or injury to the premises or furniture during the defendant's occupancy of the premises and before commencement of the action.
- If the jury find for the landlord, they may, at the same time, find the amounts due for arrears of rent and for double rent and for damages, as provided by subsection (a) of this section, and judgment shall be rendered accordingly.
Historical and Statutory
1981 Ed., § 16-1110.
1973 Ed., § 16-1110.
DC CODE § 16-1110
Current through December 11, 2012
(Dec. 23, 1963, 77 Stat. 566, Pub. L. 88-241, § 1.)