- If, at the dispositional hearing or thereafter, the Division finds, after due notice and a hearing, that the parent or other person legally obligated to care for and support a child subject to proceedings under this subchapter is financially able to pay, the Division may order him or her to pay all of or part of the costs of --
- physical and mental examinations and treatment of the child ordered by the Division;
- except in neglect cases, a reasonable compensation for the services and related expenses of counsel appointed by the Division to represent the child; and
- in neglect cases, a reasonable compensation for the services and related expenses of counsel appointed by the Division to represent the parent or person.
- Payment under this section shall be made as prescribed by rules of the Superior Court of the District of Columbia.
Historical and Statutory
1981 Ed., § 16-2326.
1973 Ed., § 16-2326.
Legislative History of Laws
For legislative history of D.C. Law 2-22, see Historical and Statutory Notes following § 16-2301.
DC CODE § 16-2326
Current through December 11, 2012
(July 29, 1970, 84 Stat. 537, Pub. L. 91-358, title I, § 121(a); Sept. 23, 1977, D.C. Law 2-22, title IV, § 408(a), 409, 24 DCR 3341.)