- For the purposes of this section, the term "a representative with settlement authority" means an individual with control of the financial settlement resources for the case and the authority to pledge those resources to settle the case on behalf of a party.
- All parties shall personally attend mediation sessions.
- If a party is not an individual, a representative with settlement authority for the party shall attend the mediation session.
- In cases involving an insurance company, a representative of the company with settlement authority shall attend the mediation session.
- Attorneys representing each party with primary responsibility for the case shall attend the mediation session.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 16-263, see notes following § 16-2801.
DC CODE § 16-2824
Current through December 11, 2012
(Mar. 14, 2007, D.C. Law 16-263, § 302, 54 DCR 807.)