- A collaborative law participation agreement shall:
- Be in a record;
- Be signed by the parties;
- State the parties' intention to resolve a collaborative matter through a collaborative law process under this chapter;
- Describe the nature and scope of the matter;
- Identify the collaborative lawyer who represents each party in the process; and
- Contain a statement by each collaborative lawyer confirming the lawyer's representation of a party in the collaborative law process.
- The parties may agree to include in a collaborative law participation agreement additional provisions not inconsistent with this chapter.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For history of Law 19-125, see notes under § 16-4001.
This section is based on § 4 of the Uniform Collaborative Law Act. See Vol. 7 , Part 1B, Uniform Laws Annotated, Master Edition or ULA Database on Westlaw.
DC CODE § 16-4004
Current through December 11, 2012
(May 9, 2012, D.C. Law 19-125, § 2(b), 59 DCR 1928.)