- As appropriate to its individual jurisdiction and specific role in hosting the 2012 Olympic Games, each Signatory shall:
- Ensure that necessary facilities are built and transportation infrastructure improvements take place, including government funding as appropriate;
- Provide access to existing state/city-controlled facilities and other important resources as specified in WBRC 2012's bid proposal in accordance with applicable law and contractual obligations; and
- Provide adequate security, fire protection, and other government related services at a reasonable cost to ensure for the safe and orderly operation of the Olympic Games.
- Notwithstanding any other provision of this chapter, any financial obligation or liability that the District of Columbia may incur by virtue of this chapter shall be subject to the availability of appropriations authorized by Congress at the time the obligation or liability is created.
- Notwithstanding any other provision of this chapter, any provision of this chapter that grants the Regional Authority any authority, power, duty, or function that conflicts with Chapter 2 of Title 1 shall be approved by Congress prior to the exercise of that authority, power, duty, or function by the Regional Authority.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 14-63, see notes following § 2-1131.
DC CODE § 2-1138
Current through December 11, 2012
(Feb. 13, 2002, D.C. Law 14-63, § 9, 48 DCR 10549.)