For the purposes of this subchapter, the term:
- "Chief Financial Officer" means the Office of the Chief Financial Officer established by § 1-204.24a.
- "Economic development incentive" or "incentive" means any expenditure of public funds by a granting body for the purpose of stimulating economic development within the District of Columbia, including any bond issuance-including pilot bond, tax increment financing bond, and revenue bond issuances, grant, loan, loan guarantee, fee waiver, land price subsidy, matching fund, tax abatement, tax exemption, tax credit, and any other tax expenditure.
- "Granting body" means an agency, board, office, instrumentality, or authority of the District government that provides or authorizes an economic development incentive.
- "Recipient" means any non-governmental person association, corporation, joint venture, partnership, or other entity that receives an economic development incentive.
- "Tax expenditure" shall include any loss of revenue to the Government of the District of Columbia that is attributable to an exemption, abatement, credit, reduction, or other exclusion under District tax law.
- "Unified Economic Development Budget Report" or "Report" means the document that the Chief Financial Officer is required to create under § 2-1208.02.
Historical and Statutory
Emergency Act Amendments
For temporary (90 day) addition, see § 2252 of Fiscal Year 2011 Budget Support Emergency Act of 2010 (D.C. Act 18-463, July 2, 2010, 57 DCR 6542).
Legislative History of Laws
Law 18-223, the "Fiscal Year 2011 Budget Support Act of 2010", was introduced in Council and assigned Bill No. 18-731, which was referred to the Committee of the Whole. The Bill was adopted on first and second readings on May 26, 2010, and June 15, 2010, respectively. Signed by the Mayor on July 2, 2010, it was assigned Act No. 18-462 and transmitted to both Houses of Congress for its review. D.C. Law 18-223 became effective on September 24, 2010.
Short title: Section 2251 of D.C. Law 18-223 provided that subtitle V of title II of the act may be cited as the "Unified Economic Development Budget Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010".
DC CODE § 2-1208.01
Current through December 11, 2012
(Sept. 24, 2010, D.C. Law 18-223, § 2252, 57 DCR 6242.)