- The Mayor shall define eligibility criteria for business incubators receiving public support. These criteria shall be stated in terms of business and economic development objectives, including, but not limited to, consideration of the following recommendations:
- The Mayor shall rank the types of businesses that would be eligible tenants.
- The Mayor shall rank-order the District government's preferences in such a way that businesses with little job creation potential are ranked lower than those businesses which have more employment potential.
- The Mayor shall give priority to potential tenant businesses such as light industrial, research and development, and business services companies that are potential major contributors to job creation efforts in the District.
- To be an eligible tenant business for occupancy in a business incubator, a business shall be based and incorporated in the District, shall have its corporate headquarters and principal place of business located in the District, and shall not be a subsidiary of another business.
Historical and Statutory
1981 Ed., § 1-2233.
Legislative History of Laws
For legislative history of D.C. Law 6-71, see Historical and Statutory Notes following § 2-1209.01.
DC CODE § 2-1209.03
Current through December 11, 2012
(Dec. 12, 1985, D.C. Law 6-71, § 4, 32 DCR 6334.)