The Council finds that:
- Unemployment in some areas of the District exceeds 10%.
- The incidence of business dislocation in the District is alarming.
- Many areas of the District suffer from the overall pattern of urban blight seen in other northeastern American cities.
- Blighted areas have become a haven for criminal activity and have had a detrimental effect on the residential life of surrounding areas.
- Enterprise zones established in other jurisdictions have created an aggregate of over 80,000 jobs and $3 billion in investments.
- The promotion of small business growth will lead to a better climate for employment and a better life for District residents.
Historical and Statutory
1981 Ed., § 1-2252.
Legislative History of Laws
For legislative history of D.C. Law 6-171, see Historical and Statutory Notes following § 2-1211.01.
DC CODE § 2-1211.02
Current through December 11, 2012
(Feb. 24, 1987, D.C. Law 6-171, § 3, 33 DCR 7205.)