- There is established the District of Columbia Enterprise Zone Study Commission ("Commission").
- The commission shall be composed of 25 members who shall be appointed as follows:
- One member shall be appointed by each member of the Council; and
- Twelve members shall be appointed by the Mayor of the District of Columbia ("Mayor"), 1 of whom the Mayor shall appoint as the chairperson of the commission. In making his appointments, the Mayor shall appoint at least 6 people, each with experience or expertise in 1 of the following areas:
- Real estate development;
- Banking and lending;
- Finance and taxation;
- Historic preservation;
- Housing development;
- Business and management; or
- Labor and employee interests.
- A majority of the members of the commission shall constitute a quorum. A quorum of the members shall be necessary for the commission to conduct its business.
- Vacancies in the commission shall be filled in the same manner as the original appointment.
Historical and Statutory
1981 Ed., § 1-2253.
Legislative History of Laws
For legislative history of D.C. Law 6-171, see Historical and Statutory Notes following § 2-1211.01.
DC CODE § 2-1211.03
Current through December 11, 2012
(Feb. 24, 1987, D.C. Law 6-171, § 4, 33 DCR 7205.)