- No compensation shall be paid to the members of the commission, but commission members may be reimbursed for actual expenses incurred in the performance of their duties.
- The Mayor shall provide office space and an appropriate staff of professional and clerical personnel to assist the commission in carrying out the duties assigned to it under this subchapter.
- The Mayor shall designate at least 1 employee from each of the following District agencies to serve as a liaison to the commission for the purpose of providing any information from the agency requested by the commission and lending needed assistance to the commission in performing its duties:
- The Office of Business and Economic Development;
- The Department of Housing and Community Development;
- The Redevelopment Land Agency;
- The Department of Finance and Revenue;
- The Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs; and
- Any other agency the Mayor deems appropriate.
Historical and Statutory
1981 Ed., § 1-2256.
Legislative History of Laws
For legislative history of D.C. Law 6-171, see Historical and Statutory Notes following § 2-1211.01.
Pursuant to the Office of the Chief Financial Officer's "Notice of Public Interest" published in the April 18, 1997, issue of the District of Columbia Register (44 DCR 2345) the Office of Tax and Revenue assumed all of the duties and functions previously performed by the Department of Finance and Revenue, as set forth in Commissioner's Order 69-96, dated March 7, 1969. This action was made effective January 22, 1997, nunc pro tunc.
DC CODE § 2-1211.06
Current through December 11, 2012
(Feb. 24, 1987, D.C. Law 6-171, § 7, 33 DCR 7205.)