- Corner stores, farmers markets, and other small food retailers participating in the program established by § 2-1212.31 shall be strongly encouraged to:
- Apply to accept SNAP benefits;
- Apply to accept WIC benefits; and
- Employ District residents.
- Resources may be provided under § 2-1212.31 to assist corner stores, farmers markets, and other small food retailers in acquiring the technology necessary to accept SNAP and WIC benefits.
- As a condition of participating in the program established by § 2- 1212.31, individuals or entities operating corner stores, farmers markets, and other small food retailers shall agree in writing to sell produce or other healthy foods for at least 3 years; provided, that this requirement shall not be enforceable if the individual or entity, or its successor, ceases all of its retail food sales operations.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For history of Law 18-353, see notes under § 2-1212.01.
DC CODE § 2-1212.32
Current through December 11, 2012
(Apr. 8, 2011, D.C. Law 18-353, § 302, 58 DCR 746.)