- The Department of Small and Local Business Development shall convene a working group to develop a plan for establishing a commercial distribution system for fresh produce and healthy foods to corner stores. Corner stores shall be encouraged to work cooperatively to maximize their buying power.
- The working group shall include representatives from:
- District agencies;
- The grocery ambassador, designated under § 2-1212.23;
- Nonprofit organizations;
- Urban farmers and community gardeners;
- Corner stores and their trade associations; and
- Produce wholesalers.
- The working group shall issue a report, including recommendations, to the Mayor and the Council.
- The Department of Small and Local Business Development may issue grants, on a competitive basis, for the establishment of a commercial distribution system for fresh produce and healthy foods
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For history of Law 18-353, see notes under § 2-1212.01.
DC CODE § 2-1212.33
Current through December 11, 2012
(Apr. 8, 2011, D.C. Law 18-353, § 303, 58 DCR 746.)