- The Task Force shall be selected by the Mayor and the Chairman of the Council and be comprised of no more than 23 representatives from the following entities:
- University research and federal research communities;
- Business leaders including entrepreneurs;
- Real estate development;
- Banking, investment, and venture capital;
- Government and public policy;
- Public education;
- Community organizations; and
- Washington, D.C.-area grantmakers.
- The chairperson shall be appointed by the Mayor from among the members.
- The Mayor shall appoint at least 3 members from the Task Force to the Federal Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy ("CEDS") Committee.
- Members shall serve without compensation; except, that members may receive reimbursement for documented expenses incurred in the service of the Task Force.
- The Mayor shall provide staff support to the Task Force and the funds necessary to accomplish its duties and the purposes of this subchapter.
- The Task Force may meet as necessary to conduct its official business.
- The Task Force may conduct hearings, receive testimony, and establish rules of procedure as may be necessary.
- The Task Force shall disband no later than one year after its initial meeting.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 16-190, see notes following § 2-1221.31.
DC CODE § 2-1221.33
Current through December 11, 2012
(Mar. 2, 2007, D.C. Law 16-190, § 4, 53 DCR 6791.)