- The Mayor may, with the consent of the Council, modify the urban renewal plans for the following urban renewal areas:
- The Downtown Urban Renewal Area (adopted by the National Capital Planning Commission, established by § 2-1002 ("NCPC"), on January 9, 1969, and approved by the Council on January 28, 1969);
- The Shaw School Urban Renewal Area (adopted by the NCPC on January 9, 1969, and approved by the Council on January 28, 1969); and
- The Fort Lincoln Urban Renewal Area (adopted by the NCPC on May 19, 1972, and approved by the Council on July 26, 1972).
- The Mayor, after referral to the National Capital Planning Commission for a 30-day review period, shall transmit to the Council a proposed resolution to approve a modification authorized by this section. The proposed resolution shall be submitted for a 45-day period of review, excluding Saturdays, Sundays, legal holidays, and days of Council recess. If the Council does not approve or disapprove the proposed resolution within the 45-day review period, the proposed resolution shall be deemed approved.
Historical and Statutory
Effect of Amendments
D.C. Law 17-353, in subsec. (b), substituted "The Mayor, after referral to the National Capital Planning Commission for a 30-day review period," for "The Mayor".
Legislative History of Laws
Law 17-138, the "National Capital Revitalization Corporation and Anacostia Waterfront Corporation Reorganization Act of 2008", was introduced in Council and assigned Bill No. 17-340 which was referred to the Committee on Economic Development. The Bill was adopted on first and second readings on December 11, 2007, and January 8, 2008, respectively. Signed by the Mayor on February 5, 2008, it was assigned Act No. 17-289 and transmitted to both Houses of Congress for its review. D.C. Law 17-138 became effective on March 26, 2008.
For Law 17-353, see notes following § 2-218.42.
DC CODE § 2-1225.31
Current through December 11, 2012
(Mar. 26, 2008, D.C. Law 17-138, § 501, 55 DCR 1689; Mar. 25, 2009, D.C. Law 17-353, § 310, 56 DCR 1117.)