- There is established as a nonlapsing fund the Youth Jobs Fund ("Youth Fund"). All funds deposited into the Youth Fund, and the interest earned on those funds, shall not revert to the unrestricted fund balance of the General Fund of the District of Columbia at the end of a fiscal year, or at any other time, but shall be continually available for the uses and purposes set forth in subsection (c) of this section without regard to fiscal year limitation, subject to authorization by Congress.
- The Youth Fund shall be used to pay for any purpose authorized under subsection (c) of this section, including administrative and vendor costs; provided, that not more than 10% of the funds deposited into the Youth Fund shall be used for Department of Employment Services administrative costs and not more than 10% of the funds deposited into the Youth Fund shall be used for vendor administrative costs.
- The Youth Fund shall be utilized for approved programs to provide in-school, out-of-school, and year-round employment programs for youth to work at least 10 hours per week.
- All District funds designated for youth employment shall be deposited into the Youth Fund, beginning on October 1, 2008.
- Beginning October 1, 2008, the Department of Employment Services shall submit to the Council a report that details the activities, budget, and expenditures, at the program level, of all programs, activities, and projects undertaken by the Youth Fund from all available funding sources. The report shall be submitted quarterly.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
Law 17-219, the "Fiscal Year 2009 Budget Support Act of 2008", was introduced in Council and assigned Bill No. 17-678, which was referred to the Committee of the Whole. The Bill was adopted on first and second readings on May 13, 2008, and June 3, 2008, respectively. Signed by the Mayor on June 26, 2008, it was assigned Act No. 17-419 and transmitted to both Houses of Congress for its review. D.C. Law 17-219 became effective on August 16, 2008.
Short title: Section 1008 of D.C. Law 17-219 provided that subtitle D of title I of the act may be cited as the "Youth Jobs Fund Establishment Act of 2008".
DC CODE § 2-1516.01
Current through December 11, 2012
(Aug. 16, 2008, D.C. Law 17-219, § 1009, 55 DCR 7598.)