- (1) A party who is not satisfied with the outcome of the initial investigation conducted pursuant to § 2-1535.03(b)(7) may request a secondary investigation by submitting a written appeal to the higher-level authority in the agency, educational institution, or grantee designated to hear appeals within 30 days of the conclusion of the investigation conducted pursuant to § 2-1535.03(b)(7).
- The secondary investigation shall be completed within 30 days of receipt of the appeal, unless:
- Circumstances require additional time to complete a thorough investigation;
- The higher-level authority sets forth those circumstances in writing; and
- The additional time does not exceed 15 days.
- (1) When an appeal for a secondary investigation is submitted, the agency, educational institution, or grantee shall inform the party about his or her ability to seek further redress under Chapter 14 of this title.
- This section shall not be construed to limit the right of a person to assert or seek redress for a claim arising under Chapter 14 of this title.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For history of Law 19-167, see notes under § 2-1535.01.
DC CODE § 2-1535.04
Current through December 11, 2012
(Sept. 14, 2012, D.C. Law 19-167, § 5, 59 DCR 7820.)