- The Mayor shall establish an Institute to be known as the Mayor's Youth Leadership Institute and shall provide programs in professional development, leadership training, and personal development for all eligible District youth. The focus of the program shall include:
- Building skill expertise in word processing, Powerpoint presentations, and database and spreadsheet maintenance;
- Drafting memos, letters, and press releases; and
- Public speaking.
- The program shall seek to ensure that participants reach proficiency in these skills which are essential to successfully compete for and retain employment.
- The programs shall include:
- A school-year program to provide services and instruction to at least 500 eligible District youth; and
- A summer training program that shall consist of 2 sessions, each conducted over a 2-week period at a District college or university, and provide services and instruction to at least 250 eligible District youth.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 16-32, see notes following § 2-1571.
DC CODE § 2-1572
Current through December 11, 2012
(Oct. 20, 2005, D.C. Law 16-32, § 3, 52 DCR 7475.)