For purposes of this subchapter, the term:
- "Affiliated employee" means any individual employed by a recipient who received compensation directly from government assistance or a contract with the District of Columbia government ("District Government"), including any employee of a contractor or subcontractor of a recipient who performs services pursuant to government assistance or contract.
- "Contract" means a written agreement between a recipient and the District government.
- "Government assistance" means a grant, loan, or tax increment financing that results in a financial benefit from an agency, commission, instrumentality, or other entity of the District government.
- "Living wage" means an hourly wage rate of $11.75 per hour, regardless of whether health care benefits are provided.
- "Recipient" means any individual, sole proprietorship, partnership, association, joint venture, limited liability company, corporation, or any other form of business that enters into a contract with or receives government assistance from the District government.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 16-118, see notes following § 2-220.01.
DC CODE § 2-220.02
Current through December 11, 2012
(June 8, 2006, D.C. Law 16-118, § 102, 53 DCR 2602.)