- Denial by a public body of a request for any public record shall contain at least the following:
- The specific reasons for the denial, including citations to the particular exemption(s) under § 2-534 relied on as authority for the denial;
- The name(s) of the public official(s) or employee(s) responsible for the decision to deny the request; and
- Notification to the requester of any administrative or judicial right to appeal under § 2-537.
- Each public body of the District of Columbia shall maintain a file of all letters of denial of requests for public records. This file shall be made available to any person on request for purposes of inspection and/or copying.
Historical and Statutory
1981 Ed., § 1-1523.
1973 Ed., § 1-1523.
Effect of Amendments
D.C. Law 13-283, in subsec. (a), substituted "a public body" for "the Mayor or an agency"; and, in subsec. (b), substituted "Each public body" for "The Mayor and each agency of the District of Columbia".
Legislative History of Laws
For legislative history of D.C. Law 1-96, see Historical and Statutory Notes following § 2-531.
For D.C. Law 13-283, see notes following § 2-502.
DC CODE § 2-533
Current through December 11, 2012
(Oct. 21, 1968, Pub. L. 90-614, title II, § 203, as added Mar. 25, 1977, D.C. Law 1-96, § 2, 23 DCR 9532b; Apr. 27, 2001, D.C. Law 13-283, § 3(c), 48 DCR 1917.)