Except as otherwise provided in this chapter, a government employee may not mail, as official mail, any matter, article, material, or document for any reasons other than the following:
- A request for the matter, article, material, or document has been previously received by the agency;
- The mailing of the document is required by law;
- The material or matter requests information pertinent to the conduct of the official business of the agency;
- The material contains information relating to the activities of the agency or to the availability of agency publications or other documents;
- The enclosures are forms, blanks, cards, or other documents necessary or beneficial to the administration of the agency;
- The materials are copies of federal, state or local laws, rules, regulations, orders, instructions, or interpretations thereto; or
- The materials are being mailed to federal, state, or other public authorities.
Historical and Statutory
1981 Ed., § 1-1702.
1973 Ed., § 1-1702.
Legislative History of Laws
For legislative history of D.C. Law 1-118, see Historical and Statutory Notes following § 2-701.
DC CODE § 2-702
Current through December 11, 2012
(Apr. 7, 1977, D.C. Law 1-118, § 3, 23 DCR 8746.)