- Regulations and licenses. -- For each inaugural period, the Council of the District of Columbia shall:
- Prescribe reasonable regulations necessary to preserve public order and protect life, health, and property;
- Prescribe special regulations related to the standing, movement, and operation of vehicles; and
- Grant special licenses to peddlers and vendors to sell merchandise in places the Council considers proper, subject to conditions and fees for the licenses the Council considers proper.
- Registration tags. -- The Mayor of the District of Columbia may issue, for any motor vehicle made available for the use of the Inaugural Committee, special registration tags, valid for not more than 90 days, designed to celebrate the inauguration of the President and Vice President.
Historical and Statutory
1981 Ed., § 1-1052.
DC CODE § 2-802
Current through December 11, 2012
(Aug. 12, 1998, 112 Stat. 1264, Pub. L. 105-225, § 502.)