- Authorization. -- Necessary amounts are authorized to be appropriated --
- To enable the Mayor of the District of Columbia to provide additional municipal services in the District of Columbia during the inaugural period, including:
- Employment of personal services without regard to Chapters 33 and 51 and subchapter III of Chapter 58 of Title 5;
- Travel expenses of enforcement personnel, including sanitarians, from other jurisdictions;
- The hiring of the means of transportation;
- Meals for policemen, firemen, and other municipal employees;
- The cost of removing and relocating streetcar loading platforms, construction, rent, maintenance, and expenses incident to the operation of temporary public comfort stations, first-aid stations, and information booths; and
- Other incidental expenses in the discretion of the Mayor; and
- To enable the Secretary of the Interior to provide meals for the members of the United States Park Police during the inaugural period.
- Payment. -- Amounts appropriated under:
- Subsection (a)(1) of this section are payable in the same way as other appropriations for the expenses of the District of Columbia; and
- Subsection (a)(2) of this section are payable in the same way as other appropriations for the expenses of the Department of the Interior.
Historical and Statutory
1981 Ed., § 1-1060.
References in Text
"Chapters 33 and 51 and subchapter III of Chapter 58 of Title 5," referred to in (a)(1)(A), are references to Title 5 of the U.S. Code.
DC CODE § 2-810
Current through December 11, 2012
(Aug. 12, 1998, 112 Stat. 1265, Pub. L. 105-225, § 510.)