- An applicant required under this subchapter to file a bond with a registration application may file with the Mayor, in lieu thereof, a certificate of deposit or government bond in the amount of $50,000.
- The Mayor shall hold the certificate of deposit or government bond for 3 years starting from the date the telemarketing business ceases to operate or the registration lapses in order to pay claims made against the telemarketing business during its period of operation after which time the Mayor shall return any remaining balance.
- The registration of the telemarketing business shall be treated as lapsed if, at any time, the amount of bond, cash, certificate of deposit or government bonds falls below the amount required by this section.
- The surety bond shall remain in effect for 3 years from the period the telemarketing business ceases to operate in the District.
- The aggregate liability of the surety company to all persons injured by a telephone solicitor's violations of this subchapter shall not exceed the amount of the bond.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 13-301, see notes following § 22-3226.01.
DC CODE § 22-3226.04
Current through December 11, 2012
(Dec. 1, 1982, D.C. Law 4-164, § 126d, as added June 8, 2001, D.C. Law 13-301, § 102, 47 DCR 7039.)