- It is a deceptive telemarketing act or practice for any seller or telephone solicitor to misrepresent any of the following material information:
- The total purchase cost to the consumer of the goods or services to be received;
- The true name of the telephone solicitor; or
- Material aspects of the quality or basic characteristics of the goods or services purchased.
- It is a deceptive telemarketing act or practice for any seller or telephone solicitor to misrepresent any material fact regarding the goods or services purchased that has a tendency to mislead.
- No person shall commit a deceptive telemarketing act or practice.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 13-301, see notes following § 22-3226.01.
DC CODE § 22-3226.07
Current through December 11, 2012
(Dec. 1, 1982, D.C. Law 4-164, § 126g, as added June 8, 2001, D.C. Law 13-301, § 102, 47 DCR 7039.)