- This chapter does not change the age of consent for any sexual conduct under any law of the District of Columbia.
- Notwithstanding any other provision of this chapter, the following do not constitute registration offenses:
- Any sexual offense between consenting adults or an attempt, conspiracy or solicitation to commit such an offense, except for offenses to which consent is not a defense as provided in § 22-3017;
- Any misdemeanor offense that involved a person's sexual touching or attempted or solicited sexual touching of an undercover law enforcement officer where the person believed that the officer was an adult; and
- Any misdemeanor offense committed against an adult, except where the offender agrees in a plea agreement to be subject to sex offender registration requirements.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 13-137, see notes following § 22-4001.
DC CODE § 22-4016
Current through December 11, 2012
(July 11, 2000, D.C. Law 13-137, § 17, 47 DCR 797.)