- The Mayor shall issue proposed rules, pursuant to subchapter I of Chapter 5 of Title 2, to implement the provisions of this chapter. The proposed rules shall be submitted to the Council for a 45-day period of review, excluding Saturdays, Sundays, legal holidays, and days of Council recess. If the Council does not approve or disapprove the proposed rules, in whole or in part, by resolution within this 45-day review period, the proposed rules shall be deemed approved. Nothing in this section shall affect any requirements imposed upon the Mayor by subchapter I of Chapter 5 of Title 2.
- The proposed rules shall include, but not be limited to the following:
- Registration requirements;
- Sample disclosure provisions;
- Contract and notice of cancellation forms; and
- A schedule of civil fines.
- The Mayor may issue emergency rules without prior Council approval, which shall be effective for not more than 90 days and are consistent with subchapter I of Chapter 5 of Title 2.
Historical and Statutory
1981 Ed., § 28-4608.
Legislative History of Laws
For legislative history of D.C. Law 8-236, see Historical and Statutory Notes following § 28-4601.
For legislative history of D.C. Law 11-255, see Historical and Statutory Notes following § 28-4602.
DC CODE § 28-4608
Current through December 11, 2012
(Mar. 8, 1991, D.C. Law 8-236, § 10, 38 DCR 306; Apr. 9, 1997, D.C. Law 11-255, § 27(hh), 44 DCR 1271.)