- Except as otherwise provided in subsection (b) of this section, this chapter applies to electronic records and electronic signatures relating to a transaction.
- This chapter does not apply to a transaction to the extent it is governed by:
- A law governing the creation and execution of wills, codicils, or testamentary trusts; or
- Subtitle I of this title, except for §§ 28:1-107 and 28:1-206 and Articles 2 and 2A.
- This chapter applies to an electronic record or electronic signature otherwise excluded from the application of this chapter under subsection (b) of this section to the extent it is governed by a law other than those specified in subsection (b) of this section.
- A transaction subject to this chapter is also subject to other applicable substantive law.
Historical and Statutory
Effect of Amendments
D.C. Law 15-105 validated previously made technical corrections.
Emergency Act Amendments
For temporary (90 day) addition of section, see § 3202(b) of Fiscal Year 2002 Budget Support Emergency Act of 2001 (D.C. Act 14-124, August 3, 2001, 48 DCR 7861).
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 14-28, see notes following § 28-4901.
For Law 15-105, see notes following § 28-3904.
This section is based upon § 3 of the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act (1999 Act). See 7A, Pt. I, Uniform Laws Annotated, Master Edition, or ULA Database on Westlaw.
DC CODE § 28-4902
Current through December 11, 2012
(Oct. 3, 2001, D.C. Law 14-28, § 3502(b), 48 DCR 6981; Mar. 13, 2004, D.C. Law 15-105, § 64, 51 DCR 881.)