- An art dealer may accept a work of fine art on a fee, commission, or other compensation basis, on consignment from the artist who created the work of fine art only if, prior to or at the time of acceptance, the art dealer enters into a written contract with the artist establishing:
- The value of the work of fine art;
- The time within which the proceeds of the sale are to be paid to the artist if the work of fine art is sold; and
- The minimum price for the sale of the work of fine art.
- If an art dealer violates this section, the Superior Court of the District of Columbia may, at the request of the artist, void the obligation of the artist to the art dealer or to a person to whom the obligation is transferred, other than a holder in due course.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For history of Law 18-310, see notes under § 28-5101.
DC CODE § 28-5105
Current through December 11, 2012
(Mar. 12, 2011, D.C. Law 18-310, § 6, 57 DCR 12392.)