- There is established a Board of Nursing Home Administration to consist of 5 members appointed by the Mayor with the advice and consent of the Council.
- The Board shall regulate the practice of nursing home administration.
- Of the members of the Board, 2 shall be nursing home administrators licensed in the District, 1 shall be an educator from an institution of higher learning engaged in teaching health care administration, 1 shall be a physician or osteopath licensed in the District who has a demonstrated interest in long-term care, and 1 shall be a consumer member.
- Except as provided in subsection (e) of this section, members of the Board shall be appointed for terms of 3 years.
- Of the members initially appointed under this section, 1 shall be appointed for a term of 1 year, 2 shall be appointed for a term of 2 years, and 2 shall be appointed for a term of 3 years. The terms of the members first appointed shall begin on the date that a majority of the first members are sworn in, which shall become the anniversary date for all subsequent appointments.
Historical and Statutory
1981 Ed., § 2-3302.5.
Legislative History of Laws
For legislative history of D.C. Law 6-99, see Historical and Statutory Notes following § 3-1201.01.
For legislative history of D.C. Law 7-31, see Historical and Statutory Notes following § 3-1202.01.
DC CODE § 3-1202.05
Current through December 11, 2012
(Mar. 25, 1986, D.C. Law 6-99, § 205, 33 DCR 729; Oct. 7, 1987, D.C. Law 7-31, § 3(d), 34 DCR 3789.)