- There is established a Board of Physical Therapy to consist of 7 members appointed by the Mayor.
- The Board shall regulate the practice of physical therapy, including practice by physical therapy assistants.
- Of the members of the Board, 4 shall be physical therapists licensed in the District, 2 shall by physical therapy assistants licensed in the District, and 1 shall be a consumer member.
- Except as provided in subsection (e) of this section, members of the Board shall be appointed for terms of 3 years.
- Of the members initially appointed under this section, 1 shall be appointed for a term of 1 year, 2 shall be appointed for a term of 2 years, and 2 shall be appointed for a term of 3 years.
Historical and Statutory
1981 Ed., § 2-3302.9.
Effect of Amendments
D.C. Law 16-220, in subsec. (a), increased the size of the Board of Physical Therapy from 5 members to 7 members; in subsec. (b), inserted "including practice by physical therapy assistants"; and, in subsec. (c), substituted "the District, 2 shall be physical therapy assistants licensed in the District" for "the District".
Legislative History of Laws
For legislative history of D.C. Law 6-99, see Historical and Statutory Notes following § 3-1201.01.
For Law 16-220, see notes following § 3-1201.02.
DC CODE § 3-1202.09
Current through December 11, 2012
(Mar. 25, 1986, D.C. Law 6-99, § 209, 33 DCR 729; Mar. 6, 2007, D.C. Law 16-220, § 2(b), 53 DCR 10216.)