- There is established a Board of Social Work to consist of 5 members appointed by the Mayor with the advice and consent of the Council.
- The Board shall regulate the practice of social work, including categories of specialties within the social work profession.
- Of the members of the Board, 4 shall be social workers licensed in the District, representing each of the 4 licensing categories established by subchapter VIII of this chapter, and 1 shall be a consumer member.
- Except as provided in subsection (e) of this section, members of the Board shall be appointed for terms of 3 years.
- Of the members initially appointed under this section, 1 shall be appointed for a term of 1 year, 2 shall be appointed for a term of 2 years, and 2 shall be appointed for a term of 3 years. The terms of the members first appointed shall begin on the date that a majority of the first members are sworn in, which shall become the anniversary date for all subsequent appointments.
Historical and Statutory
1981 Ed., § 2-3302.12.
Legislative History of Laws
For legislative history of D.C. Law 6-99, see Historical and Statutory Notes following § 3-1201.01.
For legislative history of D.C. Law 7-31, see Historical and Statutory Notes following § 3-1202.01.
DC CODE § 3-1202.12
Current through December 11, 2012
(Mar. 25, 1986, D.C. Law 6-99, § 212, 33 DCR 729; Oct. 7, 1987, D.C. Law 7-31, § 3(f), 34 DCR 3789.)