- There is established a Board of Respiratory Care to consist of 5 members appointed by the Mayor with the advice and consent of the Council.
- The Board shall regulate the practice of respiratory therapy.
- Of the members of the Board, 3 shall be respiratory therapists licensed in the District; 1 shall be a physician with knowledge and experience in the practice of respiratory care; and 1 shall be a consumer member.
- Except as provided in subsection (e) of this section, members of the Board shall be appointed for terms of 3 years.
- Of the members initially appointed under this section, 1 shall be appointed for a term of 1 year, 2 shall be appointed for a term of 2 years, and 2 shall be appointed for a term of 3 years. The terms of the members first appointed shall begin on the date that a majority of the first members are sworn in, which shall become the anniversary date for all subsequent appointments.
Historical and Statutory
1981 Ed., § 2-3302.14.
Legislative History of Laws
For legislative history of D.C. Law 10-203, see Historical and Statutory Notes following § 3-1201.01.
DC CODE § 3-1202.14
Current through December 11, 2012
(Mar. 25, 1986, D.C. Law 6-99, § 214, as added Mar. 14, 1995, D.C. Law 10-203, § 2(c), 41 DCR 7707.)