- There is established a Board of Marriage and Family Therapy, which shall consist of 5 members appointed by the Mayor with the advice and consent of the Council.
- The Board shall regulate the practice of marriage and family therapy.
- Of the members of the Board, 4 shall be marriage and family therapists licensed in the District and one shall be a consumer member with no direct affiliation with the practice of marriage and family therapy of another mental health profession. The professional members shall have:
- For at least 3 years preceding the appointment, been actively engaged in rendering professional services in marriage and family therapy as marriage and family therapists, the education and training of master's, doctoral, or post-doctoral students of marriage and family therapy, or marriage and family therapy research; and
- For the 2 years preceding the appointment, spent the majority of their time devoted to one of the activities described in paragraph (1) of this subsection.
- The Mayor shall designate one Board member to serve as chairperson during the term of his or her appointment to the Board. No person may serve as chairperson for more than 4 years.
- Except as provided is subsection (f) of this section, members of the Board shall be appointed for terms of 3 years.
- Of the members initially appointed under this section, 3 shall be appointed for a term of 3 years, and 2, including the chairperson, shall be appointed for a term of 4 years.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 15-88, see notes following § 3-1201.01.
DC CODE § 3-1202.17
Current through December 11, 2012
(Mar. 25, 1986, D.C. Law 6-99, § 217, as added Mar. 10, 2004, D.C. Law 15-88, § 2(d), 50 DCR 10999.)