- A Committee on Impaired Nurses is established to supervise operation of the Program. The Committee shall be composed of 5 nurses licensed in the District of Columbia who shall be appointed by the Board. The Board may establish additional committees as may be necessary to perform the functions described in this chapter.
- All members of the Committee shall be knowledgeable about impairment and rehabilitation.
- The members of the Committee shall be appointed for a 3-year term, except in the first year of any Committee, when the terms shall be staggered. At the end of a term, a member shall continue to serve until a successor is appointed.
- A Committee member who is appointed after a term has begun, or to replace a former member of the Committee, shall serve for the rest of the term of his or her predecessor. The appointed member shall continue to serve until a successor is appointed.
- The Board may appoint a Committee member for successive terms.
- The Committee shall select a chairperson from among its members.
- The Board may remove a Committee member for cause.
- The Board shall review and approve all procedures established by the Committee.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For D.C. Law 13-297, see notes following § 3-1251.01.
DC CODE § 3-1251.02
Current through December 11, 2012
(May 1, 2001, D.C. Law 13-297, § 3, 48 DCR 2036.)