- Upon the filing of an application and the payment of the license fee the Commissioner shall make an investigation of each applicant and shall issue a license if the applicant is qualified in accordance with this chapter. If the Commissioner does not so find, he shall, within 30 days after he has received such application, at the request of the applicant, give the applicant a full hearing.
- The Commissioner shall issue or renew a license as may be applied for when he is satisfied that the person to be licensed:
- Is competent and trustworthy and intends to act in good faith in the capacity involved by the license applied for;
- Has a good business reputation and has had experience, training, or education so as to be qualified in the business for which the license is applied for; and
- If a corporation, is a corporation incorporated under the laws of the District or a foreign corporation authorized to transact business in the District.
Historical and Statutory
1981 Ed., § 35-1554.
1973 Ed., § 35-1554.
Legislative History of Laws
For legislative history of D.C. Law 11-268, see Historical and Statutory Notes following § 31-1201.03.
For legislative history of D.C. Law 12-81, see Historical and Statutory Notes following § 31-2502.11.
Department of Insurance abolished: See Historical and Statutory Notes following § 31-2501.03.
DC CODE § 31-1104
Current through December 11, 2012
(Oct. 9, 1940, ch. 792, ch. III, § 54; Apr. 18, 1966, 80 Stat. 126, Pub. L. 89-403, § 1; May 21, 1997, D.C. Law 11-268, § 10, 44 DCR 1730; Mar. 24, 1998, D.C. Law 12-81, § 29(e), 45 DCR 745.)