- The Commissioner may deny a license to an applicant or suspend, revoke, or refuse to renew a license if the applicant or licensee:
- Violates the provisions of this chapter or any standard of conduct prescribed by the Commissioner in regulations;
- Makes a material misstatement in the application for the license;
- Engages in fraudulent or dishonest practices; or
- Demonstrates incompetency or untrustworthiness to act as a public insurance adjuster.
- Upon a finding by the Commissioner of a violation of subsection (a)(1) or (3) of this section, the Commissioner may impose a civil penalty not to exceed $1,000 for each violation.
- This chapter shall not be applied or interpreted to bar a borrower from bringing an action pursuant to any District or federal law for damages, injunctive relief, or any other relief.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 14-256, see notes following § 31-1631.01.
DC CODE § 31-1631.07
Current through December 11, 2012
(Mar. 27, 2003, D.C. Law 14-256, § 7, 50 DCR 238.)